You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong oolors on Windows 10

The Affinity Photo colors on Windows 10 are "wrong". I've got consistent color presentation across the system (LR, Capture 1, JPEG viewers) with the exception of Affinity Photo. The Affinity colors are "dull", quite different from the rest. I've tried to play with the "Color" section of the preferences, but it doesn't change the presentation of the colors. In fact every picture looks different in the AP than any other app on my system. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Staff

Something that can effect how images look in Affinity Photo is the colour profile in Windows. See this FAQ post on what to check for in Windows.

We also have a Spotlight article on Colour Management within Affinity.

If you are still having issues, can you provide any screenshots comparing what you see to Affinity to others?

Thank you for a quick answer. The change of color profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, as described in the FAQ post, the made the trick,

1. Search for Color Management from the Start menu and click to open.
  2. In the Devices tab, select the correct monitor from the Devices dropdown menu and make sure Use my settings for this device is selected.
  3. Now click Add... and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the list and click OK. The sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile should now appear in the Profiles associated with this device: section.
  4. Select the profile and click Set as Default Profile to make it the default.
  5. Close the Color Management window and restart your Affinity app.

Before the change I had the color profile specified for my monitor's profile. While a quick look doesn't indicate any differences between my monitor profile and sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for other applications and Affinity Photo colors are consistent with the rest on the sRGB profile, I'd feel safer having the consistency with my monitor profile. Is there any chance to get it  with Affinity Photo? I've tried to change the sRGB color profiles in the Preferences->Color to my monitor profile, but it had no visible effect (i.e. when windows profile was set to monitor and AP was set to the monitor color profile AP colors were "wrong")