You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set MINIMUM sides pixel lenght on batch export

HI.

Still need to find a way to set  MIN pixel lenght for H or V sides on batch exporting; the only numbers you can write are meant to be the MAX size you want. 

Example: I can decide the max values for H or V side so the final image do not exceed it, but what if I need the smallest side to be i.e. 1200px and having AP to do the rest? This option is intuitive and for that reason widely available on any other software I know so far...

It's quite a simple option that I can't see here on AP.

Thanks

It is not a simple calculation. You can use field expressions in each box, but if you set the width to min(1200,W), then it will scale the height accordingly. This works if the width is less than the height, but not if it is greater.

If you search for "fixed maximum size" (without quotes), you will find my macro for resizing an image to a fixed maximum size. My guess is that it should do what you want if you replace max(h,w) by min(h,w). You would substitute 1200 for 800 in the equations. You should not need to use the version with the a parameter.

I would also guess that it would be possible to enter a formula directly into the box in the batch setup. I will explore this.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630