You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes immedialtely when opening a large doc

eljaco

I meet a big problem with a long document (about 160 pages). I have been working with it for months without problem, but now I cannot open it, Publisher crashes immediately (version 1.7.3, with MacOs Mojave). I really need the file, it represents months of work. Can I send you the file ?

I don't get the point : the images are loaded within the doc, so what will it change if I rename them since they are independent from their original folders. And I have so many images in different folders that I don't know which ones are in the doc.

Isn't there a problem with the text styles : I made many changes before the crash, including a new TOC ?

Edited by eljaco

Hi, I have similar problem with crashing Publisher/Designer when opening this document:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0ZaydYJd7cY1e0ai00V4s3p3Q#katalog_2019

I worked on that document some time ago, today tried to open and keep working but no luck.

Please help :(

3 hours ago, eljaco said:

I don't get the point

Well, it's just for testing purposes. There could be a graphic that is causing problems for one reason or another, and changing the name of the folder it is in will mean that Publisher can no longer find the linked graphic when it tries to open the file. So instead of a crash when it tries to open it, it will just be a missing resource, but that way your file will open.

17 hours ago, majkelos said:

I worked on that document some time ago, today tried to open and keep working but no luck.

Try to open it with he latest beta.

I had a problem with a file that I couldn't open because of a regression but the latest beta fixed it.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4