You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Change color of circle with text running on it.

Hi all, I create a circle in Designer (which I access from Publisher) and I write some text around the edge of the circle. I now can find no way to either delete the circle nor to change the colour of the circle to white so that it does not show up. If I change the colour of the outline it changes the colour of the outline on the text and not on the circle. Similarly if I change the colour of the fill it only applies it to the text.

I am aware that this has converted the circle to a text frame and according to another thread here that I read I'm supposed to open a pallet called Text Frame but I have no pallet by that name under View>Studio so I see no way of accessing that.

Can anyone please help as this is driving me mad!
Thanks very much,
Phil

ScreenHunter 67.jpg

ScreenHunter 68.jpg

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, UkeyD said:

-Hi Phil, I am having the same issue but I can’t see the reply to your question from “Move Along People.” Did you find a solution? Thanks Mog

The solution is the Text Frame panel in the Studio in Publisher, which has controls for the Stroke and Fill of the Text Frame (or, as it turns out, for the text path).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt, I tried it but the text frame was greyed out and wouldn’t let me change anything. I re-drew the circle and text as it was quicker than trying to figure out how to delete the colour in the circle. It would be good to be able to change it for future but still unclear how to do it. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The solution is the Text Frame panel in the Studio in Publisher, which has controls for the Stroke and Fill of the Text Frame (or, as it turns out, for the text path).

Sorry meant to quote you, just geting used to this system as I don’t use it very often! Incase you missed the last message "I tried it but the text frame was greyed out and wouldn’t let me change anything. I re-drew the circle and text as it was quicker than trying to figure out how to delete the colour in the circle. It would be good to be able to change it for future but still unclear how to do it. Thanks again.” 

2 hours ago, UkeyD said:

Sorry meant to quote you, just geting used to this system as I don’t use it very often! Incase you missed the last message "I tried it but the text frame was greyed out and wouldn’t let me change anything. I re-drew the circle and text as it was quicker than trying to figure out how to delete the colour in the circle. It would be good to be able to change it for future but still unclear how to do it. Thanks again.”

I would need to see some screenshots, or even better, you could upload a sample document with the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1