Hello,

Fellow UI designer here, just wanted to suggest a few tweaks to the layers panel,

1. Add an even smaller thumbnail setting and maybe even a no thumbnail setting (Not for me but I think some people might like it). The UI is already scaled quite bigger than I'd like and wastes a lot of space from the actual view window.

2. Add the ability to copy paste things from the layers panel, for example: If I hold down CTRL and drag a layer it should let me make a copy of it. It's different than duplicate because it allows me to put the copy anywhere I want directly.

3. Lock icon in the layer itself, it's annoying having to click the layer and then going up and click the lock icon, I already use the shortcut to lock thing but still, annoying. Maybe make the icon appear alongside the checkmark icon as you hover the cursor on top of the layer?

I hope you address this in the upcoming updates! Thanks.

1:I like a visual representation of the object/selection maybe others don't?
2:You do this on canvas with ctrl / alt + drag object > release anywhere
3:Rightclick object in layerspanel>lock

1. I also like a visual representation of the object, just not so big, I'm saying to add a smaller thumbnail option because the small option is still too big. I rather see more layers than a big visual representation.

2. Sure, but it's more convenient to drag and copy from the layer panel itself when you're organizing lots of layers. I would have to 1.right click 2. click duplicate 3.drag to where I want, three steps for this simple thing. CTRL/ALT + drag to copy (just like you would in the canvas) right in the layer panel would be nice.

3. That requires a right click, one more unnecessary step for something as simple as locking a layer.

These things might seem really small but get annoying when you're working all day with the software.

1: yes maybe adjustable even more or in preferences to not show at all.
But people are lazy and don't give significant names or even at all and that's also a load of actions to make do,so to me no benefit,sorry
2: But dragging in layerspanel is reserved for masking/clipping placing in groups/Layers
One could inadvertently duplicate stuff that only has to been moved as clip/mask/group/Layer
3: Like you pointed out and Affinity is depending highly on shortkeys,use a shortkey for it

These are just my opinions and Serif may change these more to your liking but only they will know but probably won't tell.
(Serif reads the requests/feedback but usually don't respond)

I wish lock would actually lock everything like every other app. It is more than annoying to, for example, find that you've accidentally recoloured objects and don't notice straight away.

When you delete an object or click on the background remember where you were, so select the next/previous one. Don't just have nothing selected so when you add a new object it is either at the top or bottom then you have to work out where it was actually meant to be.