You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sigma Lens on Canon Camer

I suspect this is also similar to the identification of the Tamron lenses.  Attached is a screen capture of the metadata captured and the lens adjustment in develop persona.1017228668_LensIdent.thumb.PNG.cc94cb8a02e1862868c758abd69d2fce.PNG

As you can see, the lens is identified in the metadata but is not selected in the lens correction section.  One can manually search and add the lens identification and by creating a favorite the search is less difficult.  An older version of Photo did the identification correctly and automatically.

Gabe,

Thanks.  This has been an ongoing problem.  I am using version 1.7.1.404.  It still recognizes both lenses.  The newer production version does not.  The recent beta versions have recognized the older lens but not the newer one.  However, the lens does appear in the pull-down list and can be applied that way.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

--Randy Williams

• Staff

With that option on, it should pick up the right lens for your Sigma 18-250. However, the other lens, what you have is an "HS" lens, while we only have an "HSM" in the list, so will not automatically pick it up. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.