You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I'm just writing because I have found a solution to a problem I was having recently. Since I found no solution online, I thought it might help someone else.

For some time I had been having trouble with the high pass filters. What happened was that the filter was very bright (see picture below), and no detail showed up. When working correctly, the filter used to be dark grey and the details light grey. I first thought it might have something to do with the characteristics of the image, such as brightness or frequency, but it seemed to happen with any image.

I had tried:

- Reinstalling Affinity photo

- Using different images

- Looking online for a solution

to no avail.

SOLUTION :

What finally solved my issue was going to the ICC profile menu (Document > convert format / ICC profile) and selecting RGB/8 or RGB/16 as a colour format (it was on RGB/32 because I had been doing some high resolution editing and tone mapping a few weeks earlier).

I don't know why the 32-bit colour format does that to the high pass filter, but but 8-bit and 16-bit both seem to work fine for me.

622631323_ScreenShot2020-01-22at17_32_05.thumb.png.ab8eac98051646fe281aaf285c973985.png1199556738_ScreenShot2020-01-22at17_32_36.thumb.png.2a265d2489432d51a489359884dddb0f.png

• Staff

Hi am7 :)

Many thanks for your report, and for posting your solution - I'm sure this will be useful for other forum members!

This bug was not yet logged with our developers, so I'll make sure it's logged now for you and should hopefully be fixed in a future update. Many thanks again!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!