You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where to find graphic designers using Affinity suite

Hi,

I am not entirely sure if I am posting this in the correct part of the forum (if I am not I apologise but hope the community can point me in the right direction).

A few months back we switched from Adobe CC (specifically InDesign) to Affinity for a variety of reasons such as the absurd subscription pricing for CC (business users), lackluster support, constant crashing and performance issues.

We are a small publishing house based in London and we publish monthly periodicals on business and women's lifestyle. While we love Affinity (and it has done wonders for our design flow), we are having a pretty hard time finding freelance designers who also use it and it means we are having to keep all design work in house (which is becoming a tall order). I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to where I can find freelancers (I am of course hoping I can find them here if that is allowed)?

I am also wondering if anyone has any tips on how to streamline the workflow for a project that requires multiple designers. With CC is was quite straight forward, as we could effectively use CC to collaborate, we would assign different sections to each designer and keep all resources centralised in one main folder. We have essentially set up the same system but this time on Google Drive and it seems to be working ok, am wondering if I am missing something or just any tips and help to improve would be appreciated!

I should also say we have tried to work with freelancers who design in CC, adding their sections as pdf imports to the final master file. This works but is a massive headache as we need to go back to the designer if we need to make changes or worse yet, reinstall InDesign. 

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Again, if this post goes beyond the remit of this forum I can only apologise, I simply cannot think of a better place than the actual Affinity community to get my answers.

Much appreciated!

Darie

• 4 weeks later...

Was just wondering the same question.

I'm just a small freelance IT consultant who wants to have a training brochure made in Affinity Publisher. It would take me a lot of time to create this and - lets's be honest - it would not look as good as what a professional can make. Similar to Darie the pricing of Adobe made me buy licenses for the full Affinity suite. However, freelance designer/artists/... I can find on the internet in my area typically use Adobe suite.

Maybe this board can be expanded with a "find a freelancer" section for assignments. Perhaps with a rating system?

(If there are any designer willing to design a training brochure for me in Affinity Publisher, feel free to contact me!)

I’ve a feeling that this would break the rules of the site as per the “Things You Should Know” and “Prohibited Content” sections of the guidelines: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/guidelines/
For example:
* “You may not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services.”
* “[Prohibited content... includes, but is not limited to] any advertising or soliciting including, without limitation, advertisements, store announcements, for sale or trade, coupons, sales, consultants, and eBay postings.”
If the forum allowed people to negotiate work contracts, or similar, then Serif may be legally liable as a third party if anything went wrong as part of something their website ‘allowed’, ‘promoted’ or ‘facilitated’.
However, I’m not a lawyer and have no formal legal training so I may be talking total rubbish.