You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes freeze 1.8.0.532

I little test in 1.8.0.532 with some brushes with a XPPen and mouse there freeze and are very slow working. 
Also the mouse can't change back to normal if I use a brush. 
The problem is more related to the not affinity brushes. Its the same in beta Designer in pixel persona brushes externaly, Also the Frankentoon brushes.

I use Windows 10 leatest , i5 4700mhz, 28 gb memory, Nvidea 1050ti 4gb, XP-pen star03 All driver updated and windows ink on.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

I have test it further, the standard brushes look work good. If I use the frankentoon brushes i see that by brush 1200px the problems come up.  This is also happen by all other imported brushes. You can select a brush, then it stay to it but you can't change anything.  So its some frustrating.

Harry

-  64 bits. 

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

• Staff

I'm not seeing anything strange on my end.

A2 document @300dpi with a 1200px Frankentoon Texturizer brush with Windows Ink enabled (for the beta).

There may be the occasional slow-down with the 1200px brush but it isn't anything that causes me too much trouble and it's normally after a really, unrealistic stroke.

I have compared this to the retail version with Windows Ink disabled and the beta seems to be slightly better.

Any chance someone could do a quick screen recording?

@Chris B 
on my system it happened when:
brush tool selected, "Brush Selection" - floating Window open on second screen (why not "Brush Options"?)
and playing around with the new "Alt-Key + right mousebutton + left mousebutton" = Brush options - magic.

1. as soon as the brush-options floater is open, the "Alt-Key"-Magic is slowed down a lot (why? just because the sliders need to be updated accordingly in real time?)
2. the brush drawing-performance is much slower, choppier (?).

(BTW: no special brushes used, no drawing Tablet used, Windows 8.1 Pro)

kind regards
Fritz

if I use a big brush I got two circles and if you click there is happening nothing. After some half minut I got a reaction, but every move of the brush freeze all keyboard or mouse actions. But mostly this is happen with non standard AP brushes.
I Use a mouse in combination with a XP-pen star03.

I have tryed to make a video, but also this is not working at that moment.

-  64 bits. 

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey studio97,

Waiting half a minute for the software to respond is worrisome. Even with a 4,000 px brush, it doesn't take more than a second. What brushes are you using? Can you tell me what size spacing they are using?

Hi Chris, most of them are brushes made for PS and have a brush size of between 1500 and 2500 px.  
But I had also problems with frankentoon stamps.  The strange things this morning is that all the big brushes are working now  without loading problems.
Maby something on my desktop has cause this, because I made yesterday some changes to the system. But I will follow this and look if this is happen again.

-  64 bits. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.