You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Gaspare,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there is no way to do this using the table settings. The only way to create a table that looks like your example on the right is the way you have already done using a collection of objects.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

There is no shape/form adjust option for the inner table cells to render those as rounded rects so far, these are actually always rectangular. Only the whole outer table stroke can be rounded.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

table_cells.jpg.156e3ce9dec32f2a1e3d58fc79a97a18.jpg

The problem is, the stroke form of the inner cells always remains to be a rectangle and can't be modified/changed to look like a rounded rectangle.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Well it will take a few minutes to set it up precisely 

But you can try...

Pinning shapes (rounded rectangles) to each cell

Colour accordingly

Select all rectangles and convert to Text Frames

Add text and format text as required

The table is resizable using the outer (extra) handle at the bottom right

PS I skipped the Header row but it's the same procedure

File is attached

table.png

table-templates-new.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Well all these workarounds are somehow time consuming to get the desired look and unfortunately also the initial quick turnarounds with table cells (tabbing around, resizing, adding cells quickly etc.) get lost. So it's overall maybe usable for one or two small nice to look on print tables, but not when using a lot of tables with many cells in a publication.