You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.0.535 Crashing

• Staff

Hi @Johann Seidel,

I'm not kidding, but I had the exact same issue this morning. I turned my PC Off and On and it was fixed...

Check your event viewer > Administrative events and see what it says. In my case it was failing in .net runtime

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

I wonder if this is somehow related to my problem installing Publisher on my win10 system?  I start the install and eventually it fails.  I restart my computer and try the install again, it works (and very quickly, like it didn't have to reinstall everything again.)

[edit] I should add that Designer and Photo both install fine (just installed the .532 versions)

(05mar2020) Ryzen 1800x, Gigabyte AX370 K7, Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 442.50 (01mar20), LG Ultra HD (2), Win 10 Pro x64 18363.657, Affinity Photo/Designer 1.8.1.604 beta & Publisher 1.8.2.603 beta

I have now tried to install the latest versions of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo (versions 1.8.0.532) and although it does install correctly it also does not load completely and then just crash before opening, I am using Windows 10. I had to reinstall Affinity Publisher 1.8.0.531 and Affinity Photo and Designer 1.8.0.526 and they work fine. I have had for long now the problem that sometimes the first time you open Affinity applications just close before they are finished loading but normally works fine upon the second launch.

Hello Gabe,

Today all seems to be working after installation and I did not even had to restart. I have found however my attempts to open Affinity Publisher yesterday and hope that the attached file will help in any way to determine why it would not open previously. As mentioned previously, from time to time I have to open Publisher (most previous versions) twice as it would not open the first time round.

Affinity Error Events.evtx

Hello Gabe,

Once again today Affinity Publisher wouldn't start up. It seems the problem has to do with .Net. See the info from the console:

Application: Publisher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
   at <Module>.Affinity.TextBaseTarget.GetFontStyles(Kernel.Font*, Story.FontResolution, std.vector<Kernel::Font,std::allocator<Kernel::Font> >*, UInt64*)
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.UserInterface.FontFamilyComboBoxContextBarItem.BuildFontsList()
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.UserInterface.FontFamilyComboBoxContextBarItem..ctor()
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.Data.CharacterDataSource..ctor(Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.IServiceProvider)
   at Serif.Affinity.UI.Studio.CharacterPage..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, Boolean)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type)
   at Serif.Affinity.Services.PageService.EnsurePage(System.Type)
   at Serif.Affinity.UI.AffinityWindow.AttachPages(Serif.Interop.Persona.Workspaces.IWorkspace, Boolean)
   at Serif.Affinity.UI.AffinityWindow.set_CurrentWorkspace(Serif.Interop.Persona.Workspaces.IWorkspace)
   at Serif.Affinity.Services.WindowService.ShowMainWindow()
   at Serif.Affinity.Application+<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<OnServicesInitialised>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(System.TimeSpan)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.