You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer samples

I've been following along with the official Affinity Designer tutorials.

A good number of them are working off of pre-existing sample projects.

The one I am currently doing is Managing vector brushes located here

It seems that the 8 sample projects (accessed from the Samples tab on the Welcome screen) are periodically alternated, but, unfortunately, the one I need for the tutorial is not one of them.

Is there any way for me to access all of the sample projects w/o having to buy the workbook?

I've asked on AD/AP discord - 3 or 4 times now - if anyone knows where they can be downloaded, and no one seems to know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Would be helpful if there were simply a link to the associated Sample in the video description.  I verified that the vimeo, youtube or the affinity sites' version of the tutorial do not specify a link to the Sample.

3 hours ago, Kuso77 said:

I've been following along with the official Affinity Designer tutorials.

A good number of them are working off of pre-existing sample projects.

The one I am currently doing is Managing vector brushes located here

Managing vector brushes has nothing to do with any particular project, pre-existing sample or not, so I am not sure you mentioned this.

You also seem to have confused the built-in sample projects that come with the Affinity apps with the workbook files. They are two different things & the latter are licensed for use only by purchasers of the workbook.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

20 hours ago, R C-R said:

Managing vector brushes has nothing to do with any particular project, pre-existing sample or not, so I am not sure you mentioned this.

You also seem to have confused the built-in sample projects that come with the Affinity apps with the workbook files. They are two different things & the latter are licensed for use only by purchasers of the workbook. 

Thanks for the reply, R C-R.

In regards to the first comment>

Sorry, yeah, I didn't make it clear that my issue isn't being unable to manage vector brushes without that project.

Some of the tutorials I've done in the past are working off of the built-in ones (those accessible from the samples tab on the welcome screen), and I find them far easier to follow, because I don't have to create something similar beforehand in order to follow.  Most all of the settings, and  in the steps I'm being shown are identical those I have to

Regarding the second comment>

I've never seen the workbook files, so I wasn't sure if they were or weren't the same.  I wrongfully assumed some of them were the same as the materials used in the video tutorials.

Is there a repository where all the samples for video tutorial projects are located?

3 hours ago, Kuso77 said:

Is there a repository where all the samples for video tutorial projects are located?

Not to my knowledge. The video tutorials are not really projects, more like demonstrations of features & techniques that supplement the built-in (& online) help topics.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7