Normally, I like to use the Color Wheel inside the Color Panel, but when I apply a mask, it will switch the color panel to greyscale sliders. I can reset the Color Panel, but then if I select the mask layer again (after selecting a different layer), the greyscale sliders will come back. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.35.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.35.31 PM.png

Masks are greyscale.

6 hours ago, Nicole Hurst said:

when I apply a mask, it will switch the color panel to greyscale sliders. I can reset the Color Panel, but then if I select the mask layer again (after selecting a different layer), the greyscale sliders will come back. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.4.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.183 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.4.663

Sometimes it stays grayscale even after switching away from mask. Usually if you jump between several masks/adjustments - then after switching to pixel layer color type stays Grayscale without reverting to initial one

12 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Masks are greyscale.

That's true, so this could be considered a "feature" if the color panel switched to greyscale sliders if you have a mask selected, and then jumped back to your default color choice when you are on a different layer. But at this point, it keeps the greyscale sliders even after you switch to another type of layer. 

Thanks, Gabe. I came here looking for a solution to this.  I use the wheel mainly because I can quickly go white or black without having to go to the greyscale, for masks, but also have the wheel overall in a hue I'm using, too.  Works for what I'm doing, but after 1.8... poof, it's greyscale again.  

That said, 1.8 is awesome.  Thanks!