You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Normally, I like to use the Color Wheel inside the Color Panel, but when I apply a mask, it will switch the color panel to greyscale sliders. I can reset the Color Panel, but then if I select the mask layer again (after selecting a different layer), the greyscale sliders will come back. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.35.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.35.31 PM.png

Masks are greyscale.

6 hours ago, Nicole Hurst said:

when I apply a mask, it will switch the color panel to greyscale sliders. I can reset the Color Panel, but then if I select the mask layer again (after selecting a different layer), the greyscale sliders will come back. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sometimes it stays grayscale even after switching away from mask. Usually if you jump between several masks/adjustments - then after switching to pixel layer color type stays Grayscale without reverting to initial one

12 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Masks are greyscale.

That's true, so this could be considered a "feature" if the color panel switched to greyscale sliders if you have a mask selected, and then jumped back to your default color choice when you are on a different layer. But at this point, it keeps the greyscale sliders even after you switch to another type of layer. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Gabe. I came here looking for a solution to this.  I use the wheel mainly because I can quickly go white or black without having to go to the greyscale, for masks, but also have the wheel overall in a hue I'm using, too.  Works for what I'm doing, but after 1.8... poof, it's greyscale again.  

That said, 1.8 is awesome.  Thanks!  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.