You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

View Tool is always selected

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all,
I have exactly the same problem.

I'm regularly blocked in view mode, I don't know what manipulation I do to find myself there but I don't know how to get out of it. Whatever tool I select, only the hand is on the cursor, like @b.b.baldur and I cannot select anything on my drawing. 

I have to close Designer down and relaunch (thank you @CLC) but the problem starts again after some manipulation in keyboard shortcuts (I'm an Adobe Illustrator expert and try to change to Affinity Designer and I may be making bad shortcuts by habit).

Can you help us get out of this mode?
@Sean P me, I'm on a Mac and I use the trackpad to work.

(And I'm French, sorry for my mistakes).

I found !
It happens when I do the key combination to zoom in / out with the usual keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator: it causes the view mode in Designer. 
To get out, just press the SPACE BAR ;) 

I hope I've helped you.

Out of curiosity, tell me if this mainly happens to those who pass from Illustrator to Designer.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for support and sorry for not answering. i thought nobody answered, because i didn't get a mail, that anybody answered😅 ... so problem is still there, but with changing the personas and wild clicking some tools it changes to full function again ... i'm used to work with illustrator, so the the zoom in/out-shortcut seems to be the problem ... i will try out the spacebar, when it happens again.