You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smudge Brush - Strange Behaviour

I've been noticing some strange behaviour when using the Smudge Brush Tool in Affinity Photo. 

As an illustrator, I use the smudge brush to blend colours in digital painting, but for some reason, instead of just helping blend the colours, it seems to be adding in light and dark colours in between the transitions. Sometimes it even adds strange colours in the transition, such as this random pink colour in the screenshot. 

I've done a quick comparison between Affinity Photo (desktop) and Photoshop just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I used the same settings in both apps, and the same type of brush (hard round with pressure opacity) to eliminate any variables, and I still ended up with some pretty odd results. 

I'm pretty sure that this might be a bug. 

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg