You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v531 Preflight ... v535

In v531 I get the Preflight Panel now even in Separate Mode. But it now I don't get the warning window on export (– which I had got in v523 / without having the Panel).

• Also I wonder how the preflight icon in the toolbar is meant to work + appear. To me it has only two states: gray or green. It is never red, correct? (different to the panel entries) I would expect it to appear red e.g. when I have set preflight for "Export" only – otherwise this icon wouldn't warn at all but just illustrate if live preflight is activated, totally regardless of preflight errors.
– So, how is this toolbar icon meant to work? And when should a warning window on export appear, if export is selected in the panel and a missing image is noticed there.

• The interaction of the 3 "Check" buttons in the panel and the icon in the toolbar appear a little confusing. For instance when I change form "Live" (icon shows green) to "Export" or "Never" the icon remains green – until I click "Check Now". In this video I do switch between this 3 buttons a few times to show the equivalent toolbar icon color. It confuses me that I can see the green icon + "Check Never" + red list entry  simultaneously all at the same time.

• At the end of the video is another question: the empty column left of the page numbers and the no-margin between page numbers and panel edge. – Is it meant to look like this?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

In v531 I get the Preflight Panel now even in Separate Mode. But it now I don't get the warning window on export (– which I had got in v523 / without having the Panel).

Do you have any errors in the preflight window? This will only appear if there are errors, although there is a bug in 531 where something can appear as an error but not be treated as an error internally - this is fixed in the next beta you will receive.

The interaction of the 3 "Check" buttons in the panel and the icon in the toolbar appear a little confusing. For instance when I change form "Live" (icon shows green) to "Export" or "Never" the icon remains green – until I click "Check Now". In this video I do switch between this 3 buttons a few times to show the equivalent toolbar icon color. It confuses me that I can see the green icon + "Check Never" + red list entry  simultaneously all at the same time.

This is logged with us, thanks.

Basically, a fair few tweaks have happened to this panel, and the toolbar indicator now has a warning state - so if any of this is still not as expected in the next beta you receive let me know.

Regarding the empty gap, it's for the "Fix" button where a fix is applicable. These column headers are disappearing in the next build you receive so it should look better.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 1/22/2020 at 11:47 AM, Jon P said:

Do you have any errors in the preflight window? This will only appear if there are errors, although there is a bug in 531 where something can appear as an error but not be treated as an error internally - this is fixed in the next beta you will receive.

Yes, the yesterday video shows the errors. – Now, with new v532, the warning window pops up as expected. In the following video I select File > Export first, you see the warning entries appear in the panel at the moment when I get the warning message window. I move it into the visible video area ...

Now I would expect to see the toolbar icon as red, according to the panel entries. Instead the icon still stays gray, and doesn't change even when I click "Check Now" (different to v531). – However, it is a major improvement to get the warning message window. But it is still a little confusing that the toolbar icon & the panel content can show different preflight results.

The difference between toolbar icon & panel entries also appears with yellow warnings only. As expected I don't get a message window when using File > Export – but again the toolbar icon stays gray even though the export command makes the yellow panel entries appear at the beginning of this clip. The toolbar icon switches to yellow only if I select "Live":

• Staff

The first video is expected. The indicator in the toolbar is only meant to be reflecting a live check, but I have logged an issue where if you set it to "Never" the indicator keeps the last color that was used until you click "Check Now" which is wrong

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

The indicator in the toolbar is only meant to be reflecting a live check, but I have logged an issue where if you set it to "Never" the indicator keeps the last color that was used until you click "Check Now" which is wrong

Thanks, it clarifies the idea some more. The toolbar icon should be red or yellow ONLY if the button "Live" is pressed, correct?
– I still wonder about "live check" and it's meaning here:

Although the tooltip for the toolbar icon says "Live ... disabled", it is currently not clear whether a preflight that was activated in accordance with the export settings at the time of selecting File> Export isn't a "Live" action, too, because then it updates the content of the preflight panel live (= at this moment) whereas it keeps the content unchanged until the next live action – even if the preflight problems have been fixed – either by reusing File> Export or by pressing the "Check Now" button.

So, the term "live" (in button & tooltip) is actually supposed to express "permanently" or "all the time"?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.