You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recreate VR anti-aliasing and screen door effect

For a presentation I want to recreate from an high res image such as this one

oil_refinery4.jpg

the VR screen door effect

qNnll1kS_y8bxrGry1pqRcvSDFQE1jlpgvkEybzG

and also the problem with anti-aliasing for near horizontal or vertical lines due to limited resolution

gta5_2015_08_20_02_09gepmq.png

So instead to eliminate an image defect I want to introduce them. Any hint will be really appreciated.

Affinity Photo, Publisher, Designer, PagePlus, ShaderMap Pro, Davinci Resolve, HitFilm Pro, Unreal, Unigine, 3ds Max, Maya Bifrost, Houdini, 3D-Coat.

Windows 10 and 11 Pro.

After a little experimentation I managed to get something that looks a little bit like a screen door effect with a couple of Procedural Texture Live Effects and a Halftone Live Effect but it only works at certain zoom levels and isn’t quite right.
I’ve attached the afphoto file in case you want to take it further with more experimentation (I’ve messed around with lots of settings so you will have to check various things to see how it works).

Hopefully someone else has something better.

vr-screen-door.afphoto

Annotation 2020-01-21 144228.png