You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No automatic backup in Affinity Publisher Beta

Seit einiger Zeit arbeite ich mit der Beta-Version 1.8.0.523 und erstelle für ein Buch viele Seiten. Leider stürzt des öfteren Publisher ab und die bis dahin vorhandenen Daten sind weg.
Leider habe ich bisher eine Einstellung für eine automatische Sicherung nicht finden können.
Sofern es eine solche Einstellmöglichkeit nicht geben sollte, rege ich hiermit die Einrichtung an.
(Übersetzt mit Google Translate)

I have been working with beta version 1.8.0.523 for some time now and am creating many pages for a book. Unfortunately, publishers often crash and the data available up to that point is gone.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find an automatic backup setting so far.
If there is no such setting option, I hereby suggest the facility.
(Translated with Google Translate)

You've posted this in "Share your work". Perhaps a moderator will see it and move it :)

Publisher has the same Autosave settings as the other Affinity applications, via Preferences, Performance, File Recovery Interval. By default it is set to 300 seconds and should save an emergency recovery copy every 5 minutes if you have made changes to a file.

If Publisher crashes, when you restart it, the behavior will depend on the kind of document you were working on.

• If you had never saved it (it was still unnamed), then when you restart Publisher it should offer to restore the recovery file.
  • If you had previously saved it (it had a name), then when you restart Publisher it will not offer to restore the recovery file. However, the next time you open the named file, it should offer to restore the recovery file.

This works well for some users, and less well for others.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Dear Walt,
many thanks for your response.
But since I speak and understand very little the English language, I ended up in the wrong area.
Unfortunately I can not implement your help in the German version, because I can not find the terms you mentioned.
Can you possibly give me the German name?
Thanks a lot!
Groundy10

Lieber Walt,
vielen Dank für deine Antwort.
Da ich aber sehr wenig die englische Sprache spreche und verstehe, bin ich im verkehrten Bereich gelandet.
Ich kann leider auch nicht deine Hilfe in der deutschen Version umsetzen, da ich die von dir genannten Begriffe nicht finde.
Kannst du mir evtl. die deutschen Bezeichnung nennen?
Vielen Dank!
Groundy10

Translatet with Google

29 minutes ago, Groundy10 said:

Unfortunately I can not implement your help in the German version, because I can not find the terms you mentioned.
Can you possibly give me the German name?

Please see Die Programmeinstellungen („Performance-Optionen > Intervall für Dateiwiederherstellung“) in the Help for Affinity Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.