You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An Error Occurred While Saving

Krista

I downloaded Affinity Photo a few weeks ago. I am using a Macbook Pro on Mac OS Catalina. I can edit and save about 10-12 photos (jpegs), and then I'll edit a photo and try to save it and get an error that says "An error occurred while saving to: [path name]". At that point, if I quit and reopen Affinity, I can edit and save the same photo without an error. Then I will be able to edit about 10 more photos and then get the error again while saving.

Hello! I normally save the photos to a local drive. The error I get occurs when I'm doing a "save" in the same location. Two days ago I did a "Save As" (to the same folder it is already located), and the error I got was that I didn't have the authority to save it to the folder (sorry, I didn't get the exact error). So yeah, like I said, I could get an error when I try to save, quit Affinity, Reopen, edit the same photo and save it in the same folder and it does so without an error.
And sorry, I'm finished editing the huge batch of photos I was editing, so I don't really have enough photos to edit and catch the error at the moment.