You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Portions of page printed large black circles or squares

DJ!

I had to print it quickly so changed the page.  It appears that this only happened when I tried to put the number and arrow over the image.  The numbers were small but for some reason a huge black circle ended up printing. 

I found it in another manual.  Here you go!

bad page.afpub

Edited by DJ!

12 hours ago, DJ! said:

This only has happened on about 5 pages.  What can be done to fix this?

Your 5 vertical arrows have a rotation setting of -90.1139 degrees, changing all of them to exactly -90 degrees in the Transform Panel cures the problem.

If you cant see decimal places in your Transform Panel go into Edit > Preferences > User Interface and change the decimal places there to 6

PS Still something weird in that document as I can select arrows 6, 7 & 8 on the canvas

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi DJ!,

There is a known issue in 1.7 that some rotated objects can have their stroke printed far bigger than it should be, which is what is happening in this case. This has been fixed by development and will be in 1.8. As Joachim_L has said you can check this out in the latest beta if you wish/need, however do please take note of the warning in the post, but most importantly any files saved in 1.8 will no longer open in 1.7, so please do work from a copy!

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.