You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background Not Printing To The Edge (ADe Win)

HI , 

so i have tried for weeks to print a background on A6 paper but it is just showing a white border around the edge, i have tried EVERYTHING and still cannot get it to print to the full page.

i am using an Epson ET-7750 printer and there is no settings available for borderless printing with A6 size documents.

the bleed is currently at 0 for all edges although i have tried adding a bleed , fit to size , fit to scale , borderless , making the document larger etc etc..

why cant i just pring the background to fill the page ? 

it also does it for borders , it leaves a white edge around the page. im unsure if its my affinity set up or the printer settings because i have tried absolutely everything and i am losing the will to live..

please somebody help me !  i have attached some screen shots to show the preview as this is exactly how it prints but in my document the background goes right to the edge..

Screenshot (132).png

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (130).png

Screenshot (129).png

Looking at your bottom screenshot, it appears that your document has a margin specified. You probably need to remove that if you want edge-to-edge printing.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

See these instructions

I think you should be seeing a borderless checkbox for borderless printing (which may only be available for certain paper sizes?)

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CG16201~faq-00004ff-et7750?faq_cat=faq-8796127438924

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

In addition to the advice above, have you tried exporting to a PDF and then printing that?
If the PDF has no border – when viewed in a PDF viewer – but you are still getting a border on the print then the fault probably isn’t with Designer.

• 1 month later...

Garryp,

Thank you for your advice it does print centrally in ADOBE ACROBAT READER as a PDF, but why should we have to use an another software - We should be able to print from Affinity itself.

The same thing has happened to me.

Thank you again, but this IS the fault of Affinity and to do what you're advising is just a work around, I'm afraid.

My printer is a hp officejet 7612 and the paper I printed on was a4.

IMG_20200227_212244.jpg

Edited by KingdomVince
extra info