You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Clean selection in low contrast environment

Hi,

I work with panoramas that have low contrast areas and I need to create and save many selections (Spare Channels) to be able to work on these areas separately.

Because of the low contrast (picture 1), initial selections with Selection Brush and Refine Tool aren’t very clean (picture 2). 
Picture 2 was created by using a black pixel layer and filling the initial selection with white.

How is it possible to get a selection as shown in picture 3?

In Photoshop that was easy: Create a new channel -> use Levels Adjustment Layer -> create an Action for that.

Is there an easy way in AP that also can be run by a Macro?

In picture 4, four selections where used to achieve the result.

picture_1.jpg

picture_2.jpg

picture_3.jpg

picture_4.jpg

31 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

This appears to be a repeat of your previous question here

John.

Hi John,

that is correct. The reason: After submitting I tried to find my post by searching "Rolbrecht". However, it was not listed. And it still isn't listed. How do I find my posts? How can I find my posts. Can I delete a post?

Thanks

I just searched for "Clean selection" and there it was.  You cannot delete a post, but you can request that the Mods do so for you.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

One easy way to find your own posts is to visit your profile; just click on your avatar image at the top-right of any page.
Another is to hover your mouse pointer over the “Activity” tab at the top-left of any page and choosing “Content I Started” from the “Activity Streams” menu that appears beneath it (this only lists content you started, not posts that were replies to other threads).
You can also set up your own specific activity streams.

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

One easy way to find your own posts is to visit your profile; just click on your avatar image at the top-right of any page.
Another is to hover your mouse pointer over the “Activity” tab at the top-left of any page and choosing “Content I Started” from the “Activity Streams” menu that appears beneath it (this only lists content you started, not posts that were replies to other threads).
You can also set up your own specific activity streams.

I checked it out. Thank you very much.