You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone,

I have moved over from Adobe products as I am working on lettering a comic, I love the layout of designer and the functionality of many options . I do have one question and hopefully someone can help me on this.  I need to make some word balloons that are linked and callout eclipse tool does have what i need to do. There are times that I need to make word balloons in like the attachment, I tried using the eclipse tool and then using the pen tool to create the lines between the balloons. The issue that I am having is that removing the black lines where the balloons are linked. I know I can import some of the from Illustrator like this one but there are times I need to make the new ones. Hopefully someone can give me some guidance.

Thank You

Annotation 2020-01-17 213429.jpg

Possibly instead of adding the connections between bubbles with additional shape objects you might use the 'tails' of the Callout Ellipse Tool shapes by converting the objects to curves and edit/curve/move them as wanted. To combine/merge them (= get rid of overlapping/double lines) you can use the Geometry > Add function.

bubbles.jpg.924338174d83abac69652d17cd486017.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

In case you need to do many of those it might be easier to use circle shapes (not Callout...)
+ draw the connections in ADesigner with brushes (with the connections width)
+ convert these strokes to shapes.

1847639351_expandstroke1.jpg.05f40c5dde9feb61455a3c5e3695f83c.jpg   208751790_expandstroke2.jpg.49985b596008814d86288bd2ef3d6d00.jpg

Finally you can use again Geometry > Add to merge circles with connections.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1