You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

clean edges by default?

Hi,

This is feature request for having non-antialiased clean edges by default.

Currently it is the other way round, it would be nice to have the option to choose in Preferences.

Like in Photoshop you can set to use Nearest Neighbour by default or Bilinear, Bicubic etc. which will then apply to everything you work on.

Especially when importing traced images from illustrator I have to select all paths and adjust the Coverage Map manually.

Shift-select rows of paths in different groups is not fun.

When applying bitmap fills it is the same.

Fills are awesome btw!

But you have to make sure the bitmaps from Photo are clean and set the fill in Designer to nearest neighbour as well.

A lot of work to get clean output, suitable for spot colours, no rasterisation.

If you somehow forget or miss an item,  you'll lose a lot of time.

Thanks in advance!

I am guessing you are trying to zoom to a level > 100%?

Affinity Photo is optimized for working on raster images, so its defaults and the way that it renders the display lend themselves to work of that nature.

If you are trying to work primarily on vector objects (without the on-screen previews being rendered as if rasterized at the document resolution) you should consider using Affinity Designer instead.

Hi,

It is about working on bitmap raster images with spot colours. It has nothing to do with any zoom factor.

I use Designer as much as Photo among others for the use of fills in vector shapes and for vector designs (forgot to mention before), but the input and output should be clean.

I design for interior textiles, output is e.g. screenprint and jacquard weaving, so the amount of colours is limited. (Digitally printed fabric has no colour limitations)

As mentioned and seen in a different post elsewhere on the forum, it would be great if you could set these and other preferences before creating a document.

So that all you do would behave in the same manner by default, depending on your needs.