You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We use the publisher to lay out final presentations, in this specific case there are 5 DIN A0 boards side by side.The only way up to now is to create a large page with the width of 5x DIN A0 and divide it into 5. When exporting, however, the content must be copied to a single DIN A0 format. In InDesign any number of pages can also be arranged side by side and not just one below the other.

I hope Affinity will soon fix this problem.

For Architects it is necessary to arrange several pages in a row!  

12 minutes ago, shoeller said:

in this specific case there are 5 DIN A0 boards side by side.The only way up to now is to create a large page with the width of 5x DIN A0 and divide it into 5. When exporting, however, the content must be copied to a single DIN A0 format

I thought I understand what you meant until you said that you needed to for it all on a single A0 sheet for export.

How are you fitting 5 A0 sheets onto 1?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

42 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I thought I understand what you meant until you said that you needed to for it all on a single A0 sheet for export.

How are you fitting 5 A0 sheets onto 1?

One sheet wich is 5 A0 sheets width copy content on 5 single A0 sheets -> export and get single PDF files. 

28 minutes ago, shoeller said:

One sheet wich is 5 A0 sheets width copy content on 5 single A0 sheets -> export and get single PDF files. 

Why not use AD with the first 5×A0 artboard, then the 5 A0 artboards on it? Or just 5 A0 artboards against each other?

• Staff

I think that Publisher's Designer Persona can also do what MikeW describes. The artboard tool is available on single page documents with no master page. Obviously this requires owning Affinity Designer as well as Publisher.

Affinity Publisher does not yet support multiple pages per spread (beyond 2 pages I mean)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

I think that Publisher's Designer Persona can also do what MikeW describes. The artboard tool is available on single page documents with no master page. Obviously this requires owning Affinity Designer as well as Publisher.

Affinity Publisher does not yet support multiple pages per spread (beyond 2 pages I mean)

But then, if I need AD to accomplish this in APub, why not use AD start-->finish? :D

btw, I don't/didn't mean to take away from the (eventual) request of more than 2 pages being able to join side by side (but also note ID has a limit of 10 such pages). That said, I would usually do such a thing in AD anyway versus a layout application.

• Staff
10 minutes ago, MikeW said:

why not use AD start-->finish? 

Publisher has features not available in Designer. It depends on what is going on the (A0) pages.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Yes. That's true. Or, one can edit in APub from AD if there are APub needed objects.

In either case, make sure the artboards are exactly positioned to be truly against each other (using the transform panel) else the pages will be mis-sized in the export.

2 hours ago, shoeller said:

Then I'm not sure why they have to be adjoining each other originally. But you can do that with Artboards in Publisher if you also have Designer (as others have mentioned).

If you can deal with them not being adjoining while you're setting it up, just use 5 individual pages, rather than facing pages. Or if you do use facing pages, choose the Area export option for "All Pages" when you export to PDF, rather than "All Spreads". Then you'll get single pages rather than double pages.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Then I'm not sure why they have to be adjoining each other originally. But you can do that with Artboards in Publisher if you also have Designer (as others have mentioned). ...

If design elements flow from one to another? Then again, artboards in Affinity applications have certain (fundamental) flaws in this regard.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

@sniels

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) and thanks for adding your voice to this issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 8 months later...

I would like three pages side by side on Master A. The reason for this is quite simple; to make the cover for a book in one big spread. The middle page is the spine. The other two are the front cover and back cover. You can do this in Adobe Indesign very easily. It is such a useful facility. I look forward to seeing it being possible in Publisher as Affinity is my preferred software. 

• 6 months later...

Yes, I'd like to add my vote for this feature as well. I'm relatively new user, and working on several book projects, so I'm stuck on this at the moment. An easily editable middle page (the spine) to adjust according to printers specifications for paper thickness would be ideal.

• 1 year later...

+1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 7 months later...

Still waiting for this option? I use this layout quite often in indesign and currently trying to start using APub as the go to instead.
Would be useful for creating carousels for social media. I also occasionally use this multi-page style for larger takeaway docs (i.e. 3xA4 side by side, printed and folded to A4) and concertina style wedding invitations - I know these could be done with one larger page but takes so much longer setting up all the columns and guides for that.

On 12/8/2023 at 6:47 PM, Laura Mo said:

I know these could be done with one larger page but takes so much longer setting up all the columns and guides for that.

There are different tools in Affinity that can help you in doing that (Power Duplicate or Move / duplicate, Distributing/spacing objects,…)

That way, you could then:

1. Make each document a file,
  2. Export them to PDF as single pages,
  3. Prepare a large template with equally spaced frames to place each single page in,
  4. Place these as linked files in the template. 

So you can see dynamically how it looks when all "pages" (in fact the exported PDF) are placed side by side. 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

15 hours ago, Oufti said:

There are different tools in Affinity that can help you in doing that (Power Duplicate or Move / duplicate, Distributing/spacing objects,…)

That way, you could then:

1. Make each document a file,
  2. Export them to PDF as single pages,
  3. Prepare a large template with equally spaced frames to place each single page in,
  4. Place these as linked files in the template. 

So you can see dynamically how it looks when all "pages" (in fact the exported PDF) are placed side by side. 

This is another way of doing it, thanks. But it's still so many more steps than there needs to be. :)