You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All Assets deleted

#1 The length of time in which the pinwheel spins as an asset is deleted seems crazy. 

#2 It's infuriating if you attempt to add an object as a new asset but failed to group it so that it explodes into all its constituent components which then must be deleted one by one and each taking an absurd amount of time to delete. 

#3 Today as I attempted to delete an unwanted asset the pinwheel spun for no less than 5 minutes before I opted to force quit the application. Upon reopening it I discovered that I've lost all of my many personal assets that I've added over the last year and I regained all of the useless IOS assets I'd deleted. 

That's unfortunate. 

• Staff

Hi @Snorkelfork,

Without knowing your system specs, OS and how complex the assets were, it's just going to be a guess. 

If you don't add a group to the assets panel, but a selection of layers, each layer will be added as an asset. This is by design.

I'm not entirely sure how this could happen. 

if you purchased from the Mac App Store could you try these steps please:

Go to /Users/{username}/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/user
Can you upload the assets.propcol file to our dropbox link below?

Instead if you purchased from the Affinity Store could you try these steps please:

Go to /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer/user
Can you upload the assets.propcol file to our dropbox link below?

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/HLW9hNi6rEQKvnGrkF3u