Hi

I'm trying to do the Thing in the first Picture, only when i do it, it doesn't work and just shifts the test til after the "indentation". To do it, i made a rectangle, overlapped a circle and boolean cut it away. then i clicked the text icon and selected the shape. The cursor changed to the pentagon what should in my opinion have been the cue that it accepts the shape as the border of the text field. But when i put text in it, it didn't work.

What am i doing wrong? Does it only work with objects defined by paths or does it not work on round indentations or have i done something wrong in the process? I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you

Felix

AAA.png

AAA.png

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, Felix, but your text in the large image can't flow directly around the circle if there are no blanks (spaces) in the text where the lines can be broken. Try using real text, or filler text.

It would also help to see the Layers panel. I'm not sure how many objects you have in that second image, nor what they are.

A sample .afdesign or .afpub file would also help.

oh okay, thanks. It was just me being dumb and not using fillertext for that quick exploration. That was what i was trying to do, to get the text to flow around the circle.

Thanks a lot!

The technique below is for Publisher users only; as mentioned in a later post, it only works in Publisher.

One thing that I think is worth adding (it’s not immediately obvious) is that, if you have an image which is isolated – with a transparent background – you can use the “Tight” Text Wrap option to make the text automatically flow around the actual shape of the object rather than drawing the path yourself.
It doesn’t always work well for every object – ones with holes in, for example, can sometimes produce unexpected results – but it works well most of the time and can be a handy time-saver.

Annotation 2020-01-17 085400.png

Edited by GarryP
Added note about Publisher.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

One thing that I think is worth adding (it’s not immediately obvious) is that, if you have an image which is isolated – with a transparent background – you can use the “Tight” Text Wrap option ...

It is also perhaps worth mentioning that the Text Wrap panel is only available in Affinity Publisher.