You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF exporting issue

Try this: Change the alignment of the stroke to inside and outside, what is happening to your widths?

Watch what happens. This makes me wonder how these lines were created.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

If you select the lines by the node tool, you see that these "lines" are two-pointed shapes - not lines.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

This draw has been imported from a PDF generated by SolidEdge. 

Close to it there is a mother object that belongs to the same draw which appear perfect at PDF. Same lines and same imported file.

Beside this, I can’t understand why those lines, even if they are 3 points shapes are not appearing in the PDF.

Bit later I’ll update the file with 2 objects, both belonging to the same file. One of them appear and the other one no. 

• Staff

Hi Herojas93,
I have a feeling there are hidden attributes being imported from the original SolidEdge PDF that are causing this issue. I've tried all different things (changing the Mitre, Stroke Size, Stroke Alignment/Cap, Combining all curves, pasting the style, grouping etc) and nothing worked! 

Would it be possible for you to attach the original SolidEdge PDF you imported please? This will make it easier for Development to see what is getting imported that could be causing the problem. I've created you a link to upload it to our internal Dropbox account:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/zRogzhv3QXvo2FZ74uL3

Thanks!

Additionally if you select all elements and then Geometry Add, the app instantly crashes. At least on Windows.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 1/17/2020 at 10:14 AM, Joachim_L said:

Additionally if you select all elements and then Geometry Add, the app instantly crashes. At least on Windows.

That's true. Same happens to me.

Would it be possible for you to attach the original SolidEdge PDF you imported please? This will make it easier for Development to see what is getting imported that could be causing the problem. I've created you a link to upload it to our internal Dropbox account:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/zRogzhv3QXvo2FZ74uL3

Sorry @Sean P I don't have access to the original PDF file, it was created by a colleague who actually is not working with me. In the same document there is another views that are working fine. That is not the first time I find that issue with an imported PDF.

Finally I solved the problem as @Old Bruce said.

I changed the alignment of the object changing also the width of the stroke.

Is strange, if some elements were missed, as you said, during the importing of the PDF, when you just change the alignment of the stroke they wouldn't appear.

Definitely something has changed in the last 2 beta builds, 531 and 535.

Here you can see the same file of the first post (Original.apub), created without touching anything with the build 523 and also with the builds 531_535.

PDF obtained with build 523.pdf

PDF obtained with build 531_535.pdf

@Sean P, you can try it by yourself with the different builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (File specific pdf export misses a lot of curves on export) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.1/1.8.2 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.