AGmac

Image Frame top margin definable

Would be great to have the option to have an Image "Master" available, defining fixed margins for top, left, right, bottom. So all image descriptions will have always the same distance from the image, as the image has to the upper text by definition.

The same option would be fine for Image Descriptions, e.g. orientation centered, distance from following text lines x pt, as well as for Headlines.

1 hour ago, AGmac said:

Would be great to have the option to have an Image "Master" available, defining fixed margins for top, left, right, bottom. So all image descriptions will have always the same distance from the image, as the image has to the upper text by definition.

The same option would be fine for Image Descriptions, e.g. orientation centered, distance from following text lines x pt, as well as for Headlines.

Hello @AGmac,

welcome to the forum.

You can save a picture frame with wrap settings of your choice as an asset. Name it accordingly and drag it into your layout when you need it. This way you can have multiple 'master' picture frames.

I assume you can do the same with image captions. Note that these will be simple text frames and you have to add and edit the caption manually.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.531)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi Dominik,

thanks for your hint. Good idea for the next document!

Having lots of images in my document already, do you have an idea, whether it will be possible to set wrap settings to those images, now, to get a uniform appearance?

Cheers,

Achim

9 minutes ago, AGmac said:

Having lots of images in my document already, do you have an idea, whether it will be possible to set wrap settings to those images, now, to get a uniform appearance?

You should be able to, but you will have to adjust each individually, I think.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.535 Beta

12 hours ago, AGmac said:

What does work is to select multiple image frames and change their wrapping settings. This applies to all selected frames.

The problem may be to select all images across a long document because it is not possible to select image frames on different pages. (I tried with an object style but there seems to be a bug)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.531)

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

ok - the wrap settings work fine; but as you mentioned configuring afterwards is heavy work ;-).

On the other hand, why having a master site for text and not an image master, too ;-) ? Would make work easier a lot: once defined and valid over all pages.

44 minutes ago, AGmac said:

On the other hand, why having a master site for text and not an image master, too ;-) ?

It would be worth a try to put images on seperate master pages if your layout works that way.

Cheers,
d.