You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Organizing

I am not sure if this is the correct forum in which to pose this question , but would someone please consider a way to let us organize our brushes in AD?  Currently, they install as they are d/led and in no particular order.  I have more than a few by one of my favorite artists and they are all over the place.  I would like to be able to alphabetize them and so far I have been unable to find a way to do this.  If I am missing a way to do it in the current version....then by all means I want to learn how to do it.  If not, then please think about adding this capability.  Thanks for giving consideration. 

I believe it's the same way as you would organize your styles or assets, namely you have to make certain categories, name them to what makes sense for you and then import into those categories. - See what the brush panel offers in this regard ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

~palm smack to forehead~  Why didn't I think of this?  Thanks for helping v_kyr.  I knew this but kept fretting over "not being able to do it" and overlooked the obvious.  You're right of course, and I will set about getting them in some semblance of order right now!  

BTW and since I think it's probably related to the organization theme here, what I didn't saw (or maybe have overlooked) is a sort of search feature. - Meaning suppose you have a category, or a bunch of categories, with always a lot of brushes inside. Let's also assume you named those in some intelligent searchable manner, how do you search among 1000 brushes in order to find and use that specific one you are interested in (?).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Well yes.....that remains a problem certainly.  Also I am finding organizing the brushes in the way dictated by AD is still sort of clunky at best.  At least for me it is.  I know there must be an easier way for the brushes to be sorted, categorized, and easily found, and I do hope at some point the developers will take another look at improving this system.  Anyway, thanks for your help.  My set up is a little better now.....still much work to be done but it will give me a project.  

10 hours ago, thisldo said:

My set up is a little better now.....still much work to be done but it will give me a project.  

Well there is always room for improvements in this regard, meaning possibly adding over time the one or other software functionality which might be useful for more flexible AD brushes organisation purposes. And yes, certain things are actually still clunky.