You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change Color of Second Art Board

I am in a document and used the rectangle tool to make a new second artboard but it is coming out Transparent.  How do I change the color of an artboard once I am already inside a document?  I also tried using the drag a rectangle method but still my first artboard is white and the second one is showing transparent?????? is this a bug in my app????  thank u! P.S. I am super new to Affinity so maybe this question is obvious but I cant find it

• Staff

Hi @ArtMaker27,

If you originally created your document with a transparent background then applied a white fill to the original artboard any additional artboards that are added will have a transparent, background, you can turn off the transparency by tapping the Document icon then under Canvas tap Transparent Canvas and this will turn off the transparency 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I create a document with a transparent background in the latest version of Designer, then create an artboard and cover it with a nested black rectangle, the rectangle isn't black, but partially transparent with background showing through (see image). IF I then "turn off the transparency by tapping the Document icon then under Canvas tap Transparent Canvas and this will turn off the transparency" the appearance of the rectangle is now solid grey, BUT it's still not black. The only way I can get a black rectangle on top is to create a NEW document with transparency turned off...BEFORE creating the artboard. THEN everything works. So unfortunately @DWright your solution doesn't work for me for some reason. Wondering why. I've even seen a tutorial where the instructor creates a (nested) black rectangle over a transparent artboard and the rectangle is then a solid black. I can't get that to work for me at all (again see image).

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 10.20.46 AM.png

If you select that rectangle in the Layers panel, @playz123, what opacity does it have?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1