You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Solved] Beta - 1.8.0.531 Export from an idml File to PDF is very slow

I have an idml File with the Dimensoins 2000 x 2000mm.
For testing i opened it in the new Beta and exported it as PDF File with the Settings:
PDF/X-3:2003 and Text as Curves, Raster DPI: 300 (Settings which Flyeralarm like)

My System is WIN 10 Home, newest Build, Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 16 GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB Graphics with Studio Driver (up do Date) and this is selected in Preferences by default.

For Calculating the Estimated File Size the Beta needs ~3 Minutes and the same time it needs for the Export as PDF. That´s, im my Opinion, very slow.
Then my PDF File has a size of ~ 14 MB
I don´t want to compare Publisher with InDesign, but the same PDF from InDesign has 1,5 MB with the same Settings.
If you need the files (IDML, PDF), please give me a Link where i can upload them.

And there is something going wrong with drawn waved Lines from InDesign and the Color changes, but for this i open later a separte Issue.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff

Can you upload the idml file with any resources it might need, and a screenshot of your export settings when clicking on "More..." and I'll have a look.

The difference in filesizes indicate the settings might not be the same as InDesign, but I'll see!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for your Answer @Jon P
Here the Files you need as a zip file.
It includes two Screenshots from the export settings and one from the pdf File which creates Publisher. There you can see the other Issue, that what Publisher does with the waved Line on the Top of the Roof. The pdf File from In Design shows how it should look. I believe, Publisher has not such a Tool to draw such Lines and replaces the Line with a similar Brush.
The other Things with overflowing Text need small Corrections from me. That´s no Problem.

And yes, maybe you are right with your Opinion that the export settings are not the same and the Result is a much bigger Filesize.

Thanks for looking and your Help :)

ak.zip

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.