You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set the paragraphs to have bullets See images below.

Set a bullet style1657134233_ScreenShot2020-01-16at08_36_02.thumb.png.9113ef428300c912f2f4f838c6dbd46d.png

Left indent: moves the rest of the paragraph over
833528685_ScreenShot2020-01-16at08_30_40.thumb.png.bca832c118efec710d5d09ed87bb057f.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you so much for your help. Also figured out clicking bullets button on toolbar also fixes my issue which makes me wonder, isn't the UI logic of this area a bit unlike what serif team usually does? If i wanna have bullets as below:

• sample text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text 
  • sample text sample text text sample text text sample text text sample text 

theres two ways:

1. Either select bullets from the top toolbar and than adjust the properties in Bullets/numbers tab on paragraph panel

2. Or Enable bullets in paragraph panel > create a text style > Edit text style > click on paragraph (for some reason the option was not there at paragraph style) adjust the indent... which if i disable bullets, i have to readjust the indent again. 

the thing i like about affinity is the intuitive UX which makes me wonder whats the intent in designing such workflow

The bullet on the context menu is just a quick way to apply a standard bullet list, the style panel obviously gives you additional features for more sophisticated features, but I would have thought initially it would have emulated the quick bullet list style as well as a starting point.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm a Affinity Newbie and actually I try create a individual bullets layout just as you can see on the screenshot below. Is it possible to create different colors for the bullets itself and the following text? (I registered the according text style tab but didn't found anything about changing colors, especially creating them separately)

Greetings from Germany! 

1544773438_Screenshot(7).png.003bf8c8b58ae5e03abf05928045dc48.png

20 minutes ago, CVSebastian said:

Is it possible to create different colors for the bullets itself and the following text?

Yes, it is possible. You have to create character style for the coloured bullets and assign this to the paragraph style at Bullets and Numbering.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed