You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona - Rotation

6 minutes ago, debraspicher said:

Is this normal?

It's not what I would expect, but both 1.7 and 1.8 work that way.

This post from a moderator seems relevant:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

An other Thing in this case is that on my System the Rotation changes the Color so that the complete Image will be darken.

This is a known issue. Thanks for the reminder. I'll update the report. Sorry! 

• Staff
Just now, Uwe367 said:

I didn't know this was a known Issue.

Nobody knows everything! I ran into it again today when testing this and forgot to update the bug report so it's a good job you mentioned it! 

• 1 month later...

Rotation of raw files in Affinity Photo.  This seems to work regarding rotation of images in Develop Persona:

I assume that a portrait format raw file is opened in Develop Persona and appears in landscape orientation.  Try doing this:

Click the blue rotate icon in the Tool Bar.  (This will rotate the picture but the top and bottom will appear cut off.)

Click the crop tool in the tool bar on the RH side of the monitor screen.  (A new line of tools will appear at the top of the screen, appropriate to the tool now selected.)

Click the word 'Rotate' in the new line of tools.

Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.

It works for me.  (Windows 10 64 bit system.)

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed that the Develop Persona rotate feature messes things up for both Raw Files and Jpeg files when using the rotate option buttons! I have tried this on several RAW file formats (Olympus, Canon, Nikon) and also JPEGS. In addition the preview image becomes darker, I would expect the whole image/document and the canvas to rotate in sync as it does in every other piece of software I have (Photoshop ACR, Lightroom, On1 Photo Raw 2020, RawTherapee, Corel Aftershot Pro3 and Corel Paintshop, DxO). The reason for so many software packages is that I am a tutor of digital imaging, I need to know the available alternatives!

The other option I would really  love to see  and wish for is that the 'Develop Persona' can open multiple RAW files just as in 'Adobe Camera Raw' (and  others) and be able to apply various settings/corrections (quickly) to multiple files with the additional ability to save to various file types for output or open as a Smart Object/Embedded Image and batch processing. Maybe that will come with an Affinity DAM?

The work around for me if I want to use the Affinity Photo RAW processing options is to NOT rotate any image in the 'Develop Persona' and just rotate it in 'Photo Persona'. 

Hopefully this bug will be sorted out by the next update.

Affinity Photo Develop Persona - 001.jpg

Affinity Photo Develop Persona - 002.jpg

Affinity Photo Develop Persona - 003.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.