You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patch Tool --No more circular brush/patch region showing

Summary: I can no longer see the circle outline of the patch tool brush.  How do I get it back?

Details: I was using the patch tool, with a circular brush that I could make larger and smaller with "]" and "[", and using alt-click to select source region, etc.  Then, somehow, I must have done something, and I can no longer see the circle outline of the brush and the patch tool.  I've searched the help and forum and I can't see what I've done to switch modes.  Please help me figure out how to get the circular patch region to show again when I am using the patch tool.  I think it is in a mode when it wants me to click and drag to select a source region.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.  I do have the patch tool selected (see screenshot).  When I was first using it, and I had a circular brush outline, I believe the help text at the bottom said something like alt-click to select source of the patch, and now it says "Drag to mark area to be patched" so I must have somehow changed the mode of this tool.  Does anyone know how to get it back into a mode where I have a circular brush and can simply alt-click to set the source of the patch?

post-14166-0-18790700-1436798947_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi ooker

The patch tool isn't a brush tool so does not have a circular cursor. From your description I think you started off using the healing brush and then switched to the patch tool somehow, maybe by pressing the J key which cycles between the various healing tools. You can get back to the healing brush by clicking and holding on the tool icon so the healing tools flyout appears.

Justin