Im experiencing often crashes, on large documents, in publisher and designer. Sometimes helps
- re-open the files and before the document loads fully, open menu (!!!)
- re-open the files and before the document loads fully, open menu and hit save as (!!!)
- when publisher dies, it now does not offer any autosaved document, so everything is lost. (its possible i just did not find some settings for it ;) )

sometimes its just crashing all the time and i have to restart and pray for no problems on clean start.

- its in almost all versions since beta v 1.8.
- Tryed to post here some example, but you were unable to see any problem, just with DPI, which did not solve it. 

I would be very interested into solving the problem, because its my primary software now.

- dont think its hardware related (faulty ram/ssd), as im using other, very komplex software for 2d/3d without any problems.

- offering teamviewer access or running any other utility that may help. (dxdiag export, msinfo export, ...? )

unfortunately, crashing is one of the few features that has been carried across from the pageplus suite.

I find the only way to prevent crashing is to stick with one document at a time, never try to do two things at once.

if it does crash, a full re-boot of the computer is the best way to (hopefully) open the document without further crashes.

@grapher If you are still getting this behavior in the latest beta can you please upload a few of your files and crash reports (located  in %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports) to this link and I'll see what I can reproduce.

I know the linked thread had some images with a DPI of -1 and we fixed an issue related to this when I last investigated it, so hopefully that's cleared up.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

uploaded few from 2020... thank you. I cannot give you crashes from latest beta, as i work with publisher not very often.

I also had the same problems of instability and many others. Exporting pdf's was another concern as well as managing the printers' colour profiles. I couldn't continue with Publisher and I had to use InDesign again (no more problems, stable as a rock).

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 1909) - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

@grapher There is a potential fix for your issue in beta 549+, the crash reports are from 523 so you might find the behavior better in later betas. If you still get crashing behavior let me know and attach some reports from the later beta.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com