GraphicDesigner

Affinity Publisher: File crashing upon opening

Hello all,

I have an issue where my file crashes instantly upon loading. I am using Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.523. 

Upon doing some research, I discovered this happens because of some bug with linked files as described over here. I tried solving the issue by renaming the rogue file.

Now Affinity Publisher loads the file and shows me the "resource missing" prompt, but no matter which button I choose it just crashes. What can I do? I need to submit this project soon.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 16.26.57.png

2 hours ago, GraphicDesigner said:

I need to submit this project soon.

Why are you using the beta for your project? Did you not believe this warning in the download post?

As this is a 'Stability and General Testing' beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

8 hours ago, GraphicDesigner said:

Now Affinity Publisher loads the file and shows me the "resource missing" prompt, but no matter which button I choose it just crashes. What can I do? 

Are you able to upload the file to the forum?

15 hours ago, R C-R said:

Why are you using the beta for your project? Did you not believe this warning in the download post?

You're right, I shouldn't have, but I think this bug also exists in the stable version. Is there anything I could do in the stable version?

19 hours ago, GraphicDesigner said:

Is there anything I could do in the stable version?

Recreate the document?

Once the document is saved in the beta it won't open in the (older) released version any longer.