You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher: File crashing upon opening

Hello all,

I have an issue where my file crashes instantly upon loading. I am using Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.523. 

Upon doing some research, I discovered this happens because of some bug with linked files as described over here. I tried solving the issue by renaming the rogue file.

Now Affinity Publisher loads the file and shows me the "resource missing" prompt, but no matter which button I choose it just crashes. What can I do? I need to submit this project soon.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 16.26.57.png

2 hours ago, GraphicDesigner said:

I need to submit this project soon.

Why are you using the beta for your project? Did you not believe this warning in the download post?

As this is a 'Stability and General Testing' beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 hours ago, GraphicDesigner said:

Now Affinity Publisher loads the file and shows me the "resource missing" prompt, but no matter which button I choose it just crashes. What can I do? 

Are you able to upload the file to the forum?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.