You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(SOLVED) Copy pasted images/layers create transparant edge

Strelok

Dear Affinity team, let's start by saying I recently bought the software and am extremely happy with it. Sadly after countless hair-pulling sessions of throwing the blame on myself, I found out that i was not the only one with this issue, and it seems it's not on my end. 

Any part of a layer or pixelated image you copy and paste will create blurry transparant edges. Even if you copy straight pixels with a 0 feather it will create blurry transparant edges for no reason. 
This is a rather frustrating issue because you cannot simply cut/paste any objects without getting rid of the transparant blurred line of pixels it adds. 

Pictures attached 1,2,3 will show you how to reproduce. 

Is there any workaround to this issue, and hopefully, does it get fixed anytime soon? 

Best regards

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Strelok
Issue was solved.

• Staff

Hi Strelok,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
When pasting make sure the X,Y coordinates of the pasted layer are integer values (in the transform panel). If they are not, remove the decimal part. One thing you can do is enable Force Pixel Alignment in the main toolbar to ensure that objects moved, stretched etc always end with integer values both for their X,Y coordinates and dimensions (width, height).  Keep Move by Whole Pixels ( the button on the right of Force Pixel Alignment) disabled otherwise the decimal values will be kept when you move the objects. If the paste object is not placed on integer values and you have Force Pixel Alignment enabled, move it slightly to forcer it to snap to integer values.

@MEB

Thank you very much for the welcome and the quick reply. That solved it!. I'm still discovering how many things work, (coming from that other large program I won't call the name of here :D) and this is something that I overlooked.  

I'll edit the topic title to solved.

Thanks again!