You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Painting - Fighting Spirit

Frozen Death Knight

2106994716_FightingSpirit-FrozenDeathKnight2020.thumb.png.f145d263a0f9b0b942fcb4ded85f8cb5.png

Just something fun I decided to make while Beta testing Affinity Photo 1.8. Tried creating thinner lineart than what I am used to, which I think came out all right for a first try of experimenting with the new features. Here's a link to my Artstation where I uploaded it as well.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RYG24v

Great work. Very nicely done.

What were the new features that you were experimenting with in the beta to create this?
And how do you think they made it easier to create this (if they did) than it would have been with the current release version?
I only ask as I haven’t tried any of the betas this time round yet so I’m curious as to how things will be different/better in the near future. (The list of fixes and improvements in the beta is very long and I don’t understand what they all mean.)

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

Great work. Very nicely done.

What were the new features that you were experimenting with in the beta to create this?
And how do you think they made it easier to create this (if they did) than it would have been with the current release version?
I only ask as I haven’t tried any of the betas this time round yet so I’m curious as to how things will be different/better in the near future. (The list of fixes and improvements in the beta is very long and I don’t understand what they all mean.)

Thank you! ^-^

High precision tablet input. It's far easier to achieve clean lines with tablets in the Windows Beta than in the earlier versions of Photo. It is only one major feature so far, but it affects every tool that needs precision, so it is kind of a big deal for me who rely on my tablet. Brushes, erasers, the Lasso Tool, etc. are just overall more precise while retaining drawing speed, so it cuts down on a lot of time on redoing bad lines or having to slow down your hand motions to avoid jagged lines. This feature is a pretty big power boost.

It works pretty well,  but there are bugs still present with the feature involving the standard brush commands. I am not able to work at full capacity because of that, but I certainly can sense the difference in speed while working, so I stick to 1.8 over 1.7 despite the issues. Once the shortcuts work again in a future Beta it should be golden. : )