sig_eigei

Sending to edit from Apple Photos.app fails

Hello,

I have tried numerous times to open a photo in Apple Photos, and then send it to Affinity Photo for editing.  I can send it via contextual menu or by opening Edit in Photos and then using the " ... " for extension activation.  After editing in Affinity Photo I close the editing photo and attempt to Save Changes in the Apple Photos edit extension window.  The edits do not save and I get an error message.  I remember this use to work.  Am I doing something wrong now?

I am attaching a low bit-rate video (lens correction, straightening, and cropping) showing the process and result.  Hope to hear back with a fix.

Hi sig_eigei,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue that's being looked at for Affinity Photo 1.8 Customer Beta (available here). Note however that although better, the v1.8 Beta still have a few issues in this area, so maybe it's advisable to wait a few more builds before trying it unless you feel comfortable doing so.

Thanks for the reply.  I can mange until 1.8 is delivered.  Actually, I had to start doing more work in Pixelmator Pro because I couldn't use the extension.  Looking forward to its impending release and fix.

regards and thanks.