You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Interface Legibility

Finally using AD for some commercial work and now using the interface intensely and have numerous frustrations

the subtle colour differences between tools selected or not is really stupid.. for an industry that primary objective is legibility the UI sucks

1571224778_isitoff.png.d9f1622dcedbcaf290d72effdf08c2f6.png1610813734_isiton.png.2828a037e5de2b90a767633f6279b211.png

one small sample of a widespread ui problem...

the edit all layers button ,,, is it on of off? 

I have played with all the UI Preference setting , this was the best I could get

Yes i am with you!
I work for 3-4 months on Designer and the lack of contrast is painful. It's the same on Publisher.
In the layers panel, where we move a lot of things, the colors have very little brightness, it's a hassle.
And in the colors proposed to locate the layers, 4 out of 7 are too dark to see if the layer is ... visible!
Active panels are also indistinguishable from inactive panels.
I hope that the next version will be more advanced at this level ...

MacOS desktop has the same problems.  The contrast is so low that you can't tell which window is in focus.  There's a lot of pointless transparency being used but thank god it's not the way it was a decade ago.  I've been noticing this change in UI design for the past 20 years or so.  Form and function used to be joined at the hip.  Now, they are disconnected and competing with each other.  Form is winning.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:57 AM, gary danang said:

the edit all layers button ,,, is it on of off?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.