You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So now what?

It would be cool (hint) if you guys, turned your profile space into a social media website so we can chat live with others) maybe after my sites are up I can help. Trade brushes, ideas, etcetera.  

I would also like to see this work with Adobe XD as well as Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder, (any that are reasonably priced and worth it, still unsure)...some are just insane.  But have read people want to interact. Plus MORE CLICKS =more returns.   

I would like to see the EXPORT to WORD PRESS in VARIOUS formats.  Maybe I can help.  Helped 318 Santa Monica (I.T. staff, founded by the guy that founded "Geek Squad" at Best Buy and have a decent track record myself.  But the product speaks for itself.  Adobe (probably due to mac bloating their OS) that Illustrator has this SPINNING WHEEL almost all the time and even read that someone with a Mac Pro had this issue.  That cannot be true.   But keep up the good work.

Looking for help in Logo, web stuff, maybe moderators to paid once the $$ comes, design templates, DIVI vs ELEMENTOR vs others.

Feel free to PM me for more info. I will get back to you by tomorrow afternoon!  

or send UR MESSAGE 2   avidfcpATgmail.com. please PLACE ****** IN SUBJECT ****** as we get many emails and do not want to miss it.

WAVING TO ALL!

Edited by LAComposer
grammar

9 hours ago, LAComposer said:

It would be cool (hint) if you guys, turned your profile space into a social media website so we can chat live with others) maybe after my sites are up I can help. Trade brushes, ideas, etcetera.  

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Discussions in the forums can be near-real-time chats, if people are around. I've seen this happen many times. They're not private chats, of course, but that is also possible by sending someone a direct/private message.

As for trading brushes, etc., people share brushes and other items in the Resources forum already.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, LAComposer said:

turned your profile space into a social media website so we can chat live with others

Sorry, this is the last thing I want to see. But this is just my personal preference and you are free to suggest it. I just thought you might want to hear what others think about it.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, dominik said:

Sorry, this is the last thing I want to see.

Same here. There is already a strong Affinity presence on established social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is it just me or does the original post read like some kind of advert for web services?

I had the same idea but am not sure. Thus I do not comment on this part of the post.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is it just me or does the original post read like some kind of advert for web services?

I debated that, too :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

40 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is it just me or does the original post read like some kind of advert for web services? Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

This is the way I understand it too....

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I am so so so so so so sorry, it was not my intention at all.   Man, it reminds me of a long time ago, I was busting my butt at this job (position) and someone thought I wanted their job, I didn't, so all I can say is, I've got a lot on my plate for one person, my life is stranger than fiction, and know (having created a few millionaires) that it is our turn.  And yours (anything is possible), again, apologies X 1000.  I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve sometimes as my Great Aunt Raised me, left me her house as she knew I would never sell, came out to LA, she passed away, the family and political connections made the will disappear.    Someday I will tell all.

Cheers

I think what I meant to say was it would be cool if you could design something and export as word press.   Tried Wix, didn't like it.  Used to be a Dreamweaver person.  Now have 4 sites, (3 connected) and trying to figure out the site such as parent/children sites or not. Eliminator or Beever Builder or Divi? So much to absorb. 

Thanks

You never will be satisfied, if Affinity would try this!

Just sit down for a moment and think about responsive web design. How would you accomplish dynamic, reflowing, scaling content with an application built for static paper output? Paper doesn‘t resize, while looking at it …

44 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

You never will be satisfied, if Affinity would try this!

Just sit down for a moment and think about responsive web design. How would you accomplish dynamic, reflowing, scaling content with an application built for static paper output? Paper doesn‘t resize, while looking at it …

That's why god invented html5 output...

QXP does a good job of repurposing print to html5 that is responsive. And it's gotten better in its 2nd iteration and will continue to evolve. I know of a person who, while he uses Pinegrow for web work (including making WordPress themes) has built a proof of concept to alter QXP's html5 ouput to a WP theme.