You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot import abr brushes through icloud

Until recently, I was able to import my abr brushes from the icloud with the import brush option. When I try to do it now, the brush is grayed out. I have tried importing from other sources without any luck. I do not know if this is an ios problem or and affinity problem. I could you some suggestions - thank you.

The problem I have is abr saved on local iPad Files App.  If I move from iPad location to iCloud, it normally works. 

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Thanks, I have the latest version of affinity photo. I am able to send brushes to the icloud and can open them there. If I am in affinity photo and use the import brush choice, when I open the icloud folder everything is grayed out. I tried downloading through dropbox and google drive as well and nothing changed. The rest of the program is working beautifully.

I’m having the same problem as well. I was able to import an ABR brush file into Designer a couple of weeks ago to use in the pixel persona. I bought Photo to use with my new iPad Pro yesterday and now all ABR files are greyed out for importing into either application. It doesn’t matter where I try to import them from (iCloud, Google Drive, or On My iPad). I also have procreate installed and their logo is on the ABR files.

Edited by StevenR29

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Endymion84 said:

Hi, any news regarding ABR brushes import? I am facing the same issue. My Affinity Photo is up to date. I tried to import brushes from iCloud and Dropbox and locally with no success. 

Did you save the ABR iCloud or on iPad Local Storage?  I set my default iPad for all downloads to iCloud. Click download, unzip and works for imports.  I added to brushes yesterday, without problems.  Doesn’t work if I Download and select Local iPad Storage.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:58 AM, Cecil said:

I added to brushes yesterday, without problems.

I suspect this is effecting certain models only. Still not working for me regardless of File location or storage location setting. Believe me I have tried ALL possible combinations including drag and drop. Strangely, drag and drop method still works in AP (where import method fails too).

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

I suspect this is effecting certain models only. Still not working for me regardless of File location or storage location setting. Believe me I have tried ALL possible combinations including drag and drop. Strangely, drag and drop method still works in AP (where import method fails too).

Strange that different models running same OS versions would effect File locations, especially iCloud as that worked for me before 1.8.0 release.  I have not tried iPad local storage yet as my default download is set to iCloud.  I did manage to tried iPad New Template, worked.  iPad version doesn’t offer Add New Folder as Desktop version.

Cecil 

22 hours ago, Cecil said:

Strange that different models running same OS versions would effect File locations, especially iCloud as that worked for me before 1.8.0 release.

Turns out the issue was a conflict with one or more other apps. I deleted my other editing/drawing apps, deleted and reinstalled Designer (for second time in 24hrs) and importing.abr now works in Designer.

22 hours ago, Cecil said:

iPad version doesn’t offer Add New Folder

Not sure what you mean here Cecil? You can add new folders via Files app or Documents, if that helps.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 2/28/2020 at 5:27 AM, Cecil said:

did manage to tried iPad New Template, worked.  iPad version doesn’t offer Add New Folder as Desktop version.

Desktop version process when you open New Templates, to a Add New folder, within Templates and two other options.  iPad, File, New Templates,  takes you to, or does so for me, to Files to search for a folder.  You cannot, in the same manner, add or save the Templates folder.

Cecil