You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shift-click to select/deselect multiple objects - buggy

Please see the video below:

• Drag with the mouse to select multiple objects. Then Shift-click on one object to deselect it. The result: the Shift-clicked object is the only one selected.
  • Select multiple objects by Shift-clicking on each. Then use Shift-click again to deselect or reselect any of them. The results are unpredictable.

PS: works as expected in 1.7.3

Looks like the behaviour you would expect from shift clicking in the layers panel. For what it is worth I am not seeing this here on 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Just messing about and the bug is or seems to be caused by me not clicking outside of the selection area/bounding box. If I select something and shift click another object weird stuff happens.

If I hold the shift key down and click outside the selection area on nothing then click on an object it will be selected or deselected normally. Hold the shift key down and click on 'nothing' then you can hold the shift key down and click on what you want. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.