You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The app is constantly crashing

Good evening.

I was so excited about buying the iPad Air 3 and installing the Affinity Photo on it.

But my experience has crashed as the app.

Is there any problem with my iPad....I mean may be it is not powerful enough to be used with Affinity Photo or it is just a bug that will be fixed in the nearest future? 
Every time I try to do any manipulation with a RAW photo (like Low and High Frequency, erasing parts of image, using liquify) it crashes without saving changes.

I was so disappointed with the experience your application has brought. 

What should I do? Should I ask for refund or there will be an update that fixes this issue?

Thank you 

Pável K

• Staff

Hey majorel_pa,

Does this happen with standard images? The iPad you are using should be absolutely fine for the app. 

If the crashing doesn't happen with a standard image, it may be worth attaching one of the raw files—what camera is it from?

How often are the crashes? Can you make it crash on request?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I had used Affinity photo on my iPad Pro 10,5 and I never had any problem. However, then I got the new iPad Mini 5 (same specs as the Air 3) and the app just unexpectedly crashes which has made it pretty much useless. Sometimes when exporting, sometimes when cropping, but most often when zooming into the picture to make some fine adjustments. I edit RAW pictures from a 20Mpx Canon fullframe camera, but this is irrelevant. For it would also crash with any other file.

• Staff

Hey danlolland,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

We are going to look into these newer iPad models and see what's happening. Spec-wise, they should be fine but we are seeing more and more reports of crashing and poor performance with them. 

• 4 weeks later...