You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does anybody know how I can scale my Objects with strokes and gradients percentually so they doo't look messed up after scaling them? I don't mean proportional just percentual so I don't have to adjust gradients & strokes.  

Many thanks in advance 

Welcome to the forums.

What do you mean by “percentually”?
In other words, what would “percentual” scaling get you that proportional scaling doesn’t?

It might help if you can give one or more visual examples of:
* What you start with.
* What you want to do with it.
* What you get afterwards.
* What you want to get, and how that is different to what you actually get.

• 1 month later...

In the effects panel there is a same checkbox!

I discover that beside strokes also effects and rounded corners does not scale standard with object.

anyone found more?

I realy hope Affinity will make a global scale to objects for all effects/strokes, corners etc. So you does not have to run through your whole document to check it all and try again and again and hope you checked them all.

Jannes, FYI rounded corners will scale automatically if you bake the corners.  I also have this problem on strokes and effects. 

The Scale with objects used for strokes is sticky, if you set it at the beginning of the drawing then it will stay set for all new layers until you uncheck it.  But I find that if it's turned on then if I copy the style from one object to another then the stroke size varies depending on the relative sizes.  And I usually want the same size stroke on all objects.  Luckily if I do a cmd A to select all layers (or the top level of groups) then changing the Scale with object will change for all items selected or in the group.

The effects is a bit more of a problem.  First it is not sticky, it has to be set for every layer.  Then the setting is not available in the small effects panel, I have to open the large layer effects window on every layer to get to it.  Setting it for the a group does not set the individual entities in the group.  Then the biggest problem (for me) is that if neither (the source or the receiving object) have the scale with object set and one uses the paste fx command the fx settings are thrown further out of whack then if the Scale with object is set for both, which is still scaled.  There is no way to copy an fx and have the settings remain the same if the source and receiving objects are different sizes.

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

and the preffered settings are often different when editing and when exporting the finished object.

Totally agree, I end up changing the settings depending if I am scaling during editing a layer or scaling a section of my drawing.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra