You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not even sure how to word my issue, I've attached videos for visuals. I've Googled to no end and still haven't fixed my problem. I've made sure I changed the resolution on my external monitor which is a Toshiba HDTV. I've changed and played with settings under preferences on my Mac. I've had Affinity Designer for a while now and this just started recently. Nothing has changed. I haven't had any reason to mess with my resolutions since setting up my TV years ago. Even if I adjust the overscan, the AD menus still go off the screen. I only seem to be having issues in Affinity Designer. Does anyone know how to fix or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Edited by TiffanyMiller

Deep in the memories...I remember this happening as well. 

Seems like the solution is to roll over the top edge or either top corner of the AD window and make the window shorter. Then lift up the window to the very top again. Then size the window correctly. (You might have to do the first step twice.

What is the resolution set on the Toshiba HDTV? and do you have the model number, just helps troubleshooting so that we can source info.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Perhaps an obvious question, but is your Toshiba HDTV turned on & connected to your Mac? If so, are you using video mirroring or extended desktop to set how the two screens work together? (See for example https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202351 if you don't know what I am talking about.)

Either way, in System Preferences > Displays do you see the "Arrangement" tab & the "Mirror Displays" checkbox? If so & if needed, in the preference window uncheck "Mirror Displays" & drag the menu bar onto the Mac's screen. This should make it the primary screen so all menus & windows opened on it will be sized to fit entirely on the screen.

If this does not work, or you do not see the "Arrangement" tab, let us know & we can go from there.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7