You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I find the Decimal place for unit types option very misleading as it doesn't changes the real values, it only displays rounded data without changing their real value.

This means that if I open an existing file with a square starting at X: 0 Y: 0.04 and my preferences are set to show only 1 decimal, it will show me X: 0 Y: 0 but I will get a blurry edges on the top and bottom of the square.

This means that, even if you have Forced pixel alignement and Move by whole pixel active, if you try to move your object to realign it, it won't work. Since you can only move the square by whole pixel, you won't be able to realign misaligned points unless you type in a zero in the transform panel.

Now I understand that you don't wan't to change a design simply when opening a file, but here is what I would love to see :

1. A warning in the transform panel that notify me that the displayed value has been rounded (changing the color of the rounded decimal to red or orange for exemple might be enough). This would have value even if you don't work with pixels.

2. When I move a point or an object while Forced pixel alignement and Move by whole pixel are active, I want it to actually force the pixel alignement so that one moved the point or the selected point from an object (as defined in the transform panel) is actually pixel perfect.

3. An button to realign a point to be pixel perfect and if an object is selected, realign all points to the nearest pixel.

4. An option to actually apply the rounding in the transform panel and not only rounding the displayed value.

5. Last one, artboard should always be positioned on whole pixels. You can go nuts trying to fix an object and finally realize that the artboard is itself misaligned.

These changes would make life a lot easier for designer that need this kind of accuracy.